With the rise of globalization and intricate supply chains, companies need robust systems to manage their global trade services (GTS). The imminent end of mainstream maintenance for GTS 11.0 by December 2025 signifies a need for organizations to look ahead. SAP GTS Edition for HANA (E4H) 2023, set for general availability in June 2023, is poised to be that future-ready solution. Here's an exploration into what's new, why you should consider the move, and how ArchLynk can be your ally in this transition.
1. A robust roadmap for future readiness: SAP GTS 11.0 is approaching the end of its lifecycle, and mainstream maintenance will end by December 2025. SAP GTS Edition for SAP HANA heralds the path to the future. SAP GTS Edition for HANA emerges as the fitting successor, offering advanced capabilities and support. Upgrading to SAP GTS Edition for SAP HANA 2023 ensures that your business stays ahead, aligning your trade processes with the future trends and demands of the market.
2. Enhanced user experience with redesigned applications: From an end-user perspective, SAP GTS Edition for SAP HANA runs from the SAP Fiori launchpad. There are evident change management challenges that need to be addressed, but the Fiori user experience undoubtedly is better and aligned with SAP S/4HANA and other modern solutions. The new Fiori apps will replace the classic SAP GUI transactions, transforming the user experience and enabling better transparency for users and companies.
3. Embedded analytics offering insights right where you need them: The embedded analytics within the Fiori apps provide actionable intelligence and effectively filter and focus on critical tasks at hand, providing real-time insights that aid decision-making.
4. Enterprise search, making data retrieval more efficient: All software applications built on the ABAP platform can leverage Enterprise Search with SAP HANA for fundamental search functionalities. Enterprise Search enables unified searching across all structured data within an application. This capability extends to SAP GTS, Edition for SAP HANA, significantly enhancing data accessibility and user experience. Users can conveniently locate documents or master data elements associated with a specific reference by simply entering the reference in the search field at the top.
5. Improved trade preference management and superior integration capabilities with S/4HANA:
The complete overhaul of the management of long-term supplier declarations is one of the most notable enhancements in Trade Preference Management.
The previous data model has been deprecated. The associated reports and transactions have been replaced with new reports and Fiori applications. Additionally, the 2023 release supports Preference Data Management for Product Identifiers. SAP GTS E4H can ascertain preferential origin on the batch level.
While the transition to the new data model may pose some challenges, its added value justifies this substantial update in critical and rapidly evolving international trade.
6. Simplified operations and a modern platform suitable for the demands of contemporary trade:
Overall UX enhancements have significantly contributed to the simplification of operations also streamlining how end-users use SAP GTS
7. Co-deployment option for seamless integration:
Historically SAP GTS was recommended as a standalone application and going forward for larger companies with large volumes SAP GTS will continue to be recommended as a standalone application. However, for smaller businesses with lesser volumes now there is the ability to deploy SAP GTS with the same cloud infrastructure as your S/4HANA instance. This move has significantly reduced the cost of additional infrastructure or TCO.
Transitioning to the SAP GTS Edition for HANA isn't merely a technical upgrade; it's a transformation. Here's what you should keep in mind:
Download this comprehensive whitepaper to equip your business with the essential resources to successfully plan and execute the upgrade to SAP GTS Edition for SAP HANA.
The clock is ticking. With the deadline set for Dec 2025, companies should act quickly. Given the major transformations involved, early planning is crucial. Furthermore, with over 3000 SAP GTS clients on version 11.0 or older and a finite number of SAP GTS specialists available, early birds will undoubtedly have an edge. Delays could lead to potential resource shortages and challenges due to updates in customs systems globally.
Navigating the complexities of transitioning to SAP GTS E4H becomes easier with ArchLynk. With our exclusive Assessment Utility Bundle, we expedite your pre-study phase, allowing you to grasp the nuances of the new SAP GTS E4H release and its impact on your processes.
As the world of international trade evolves, ensuring that your organization is equipped with the best tools is paramount. SAP GTS Edition for HANA 2023 offers a promising path forward, and with the right partner by your side, this transition can be smooth and efficient. ArchLynk offers a 90-minute session with an SAP GTS Solution Director on the transition to SAP GTS Edition for HANA. To schedule a session, Click Here.
Watch this On-Demand Webinar to embrace the future of global trade with the latest SAP GTS Edition for HANA 2023.